Train like a pro
A high intensity program for all levels
From June 26 to August 26 2023.
The Justine Henin Academy’s High Performance Camp is for tennis players between the ages of 12 and 18 who wish to develop their potential and train like a professional. It is an individualized, high-intensity training programme, the content of which is almost identical to that offered to players following the Academy’s annual programme (Tennis & Academics).
The training methodology applied during these camps was developed by Justine Henin, Carlos Rodriguez and their sports team. Drawing on their experience and knowledge of the very high level, they have developed a high performance programme that encompasses all aspects of the preparation of a professional player such as
– technical and tactical mastery
– physical and mental preparation
– match preparation (warm-up, hydration, nutrition, cooling down)
Convinced of the benefits of team sports in the physical preparation of a tennis player (coordination, explosiveness, endurance, motivation), Justine and Carlos have also integrated this activity into the programme.
To ensure individualization and quality of work, the players will train with a maximum of 3 players per court.
The High Performance Camp is supervised by Carlos Rodriguez himself and his sports team.
Carlos will give a tactical session to the players of the programme every morning.
The programme includes 5 days of intensive training, 1 morning of matches (on Saturday) and 6 overnight stays (arrival on Sunday afternoon and departure on Saturday afternoon).
The player can choose one or more weeks of training. The programme is different every week (during a three week period).
Players wishing to join this programme will be asked to send a video before their arrival so that Carlos and his team can assess their level and assign them a training group adapted to their level of play. Depending on their level, players will be able to train with players from the annual academy programme.
To make this week a unique experience, the Academy also offers leisure and cultural activities!
- 15 hours of high intensity tennis training (3 hours/day) – max. 3 players/court
- 12h30 of physical training including
- 7h30 of specific physical preparation in the gym and on the court (1h30/day)
- A 30-minute warm-up per day supervised by the physical trainer
- A 30-minute stretching session per day supervised by the physical trainer
- 2h30 of team sports
- 5 tactical workshops given by Carlos Rodriguez (1 workshop of 30 min/day)
- Matches on Saturday morning
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks adapted to the nutrition of a pro player
- Welcome pack
- End of course report signed by Carlos and Justine (including technical, tactical and physical analysis as well as points for improvement)
- Leisure and cultural activities
A typical day
|7:45 – 8:15||Tactical workshop with Carlos Rodriguez|
|8:15 – 8:45||Warm-up|
|8:45 – 10:15||Tennis or physical training|
|10:30 – 12:00||Tennis or physical training|
|12:00 – 14:00||Lunch – Rest|
|14:00 – 15:30||Workshop or tennis training|
|15:30 – 17:00||Tennis training|
|17:00 – 17:30||Group sports|
|17:30 – 18:00||Stretching|
|19:30 – 21:30||Free time|
Our meals are prepared by a nutritionist. They are healthy, balanced and adapted to the needs of a high level athlete.
Meals included in the programme:
- For resident players : breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack and dinner
- For non-resident players : lunch
- At the Academy residence : 6 nights accommodation (room for 2 persons) in the Academy residence with full board (arrival on Sunday, departure on Saturday after lunch)
- At the Martin’s Hotel in Louvain-La-Neuve (4 stars – 5km from the Academy) : possibility to book a single room, a double room or a studio with retractable kitchen via the academy at an attractive price. Breakfast, access to the fitness room and parking included.
If you need transportation to/from the airport, we can arrange it for you. Please request this at the time of registration.
High Performance camp (from 26/06 to 26/08/2023)
Boarding at the academy residence – 1.690€
Non Boarding – 1.100€
Hotel (5km from the Academy)
Cosy single room – 90€/night
Cosy double room – 110€/night
Studio for 2 people with retractable kitchen – 130€/night
Private session with a coach from the Academy – 90€
Private session with Carlos Rodriguez – on request
Transport from/to the airport – 85€
A video has to be sent to evaluate the level of the player (full court, horizontal).
In order to ensure the quality and individuality of the programme, the Justine Henin Academy limits the number of places per week. So don’t delay in registering!